Nigel is the Managing Partner and Head of Litigation and Dispute Resolution in the London office of Mackrell Turner Garrett.
He is experienced in complex litigation matters, and various forms of dispute resolution.
Clients include in the banking and hedge fund sector [Indus Capital LLP, KBC Bank NV]; Information Technology and Management [AFD Software, Blue Cube Group]; Property [William Pears Group]; Motor [JLC Ltd (Jaguar Land Rover), Imperial Carriages Limited]; Publishing [Financial-I, Grapo AS]; Restaurant & Entertainment [Sketch, Wainscott Studios]; Architecture & Design [Space Projects Ltd].
A brief look at his experience of acting in the last years includes:-
- Acting for a US hedge fund against a UK bank in a claim for in excess of $10m claiming misrepresentation
- Acting for a UK based software company in a claim for £15m against a UK infringer claiming commercial infringement
- Acting for a US film producer in a claim against a UK media company claiming commercial infringement of rights
- Acting for a US high net worth individual in a claim against a UK architect designer claiming substantial over invoicing
- Acting for a SA company in a £12m claim against a Canadian conglomerate – share dispute
- Acting for a UK motor trader in a £1m+ claim against a UK individual – breach of guarantee
- Acting for a UK company director in defending a claim against an Iranian state owned business – alleged misallocation of payments
- Acting for a Middle Eastern Royal in defending a £20m+ claim made by a UK bank – alleged bank guarantee default.
Nigel has considerable experience in defending FCA prosecutions, and HMRC Appeals.
He is an International committee member for EMEA on Mackrell International, the independent network of 80+ law firms around the world and Chairman of the Membership Committee for Mackrell International.
As a result of the firms membership of Mackrell International, Nigel is very experienced in cross-border disputes, and multi jurisdictional litigation.
Nigel studied at Caterham School, City of London University before training at Mackrell & Co who he joined in 1988. He was made partner at Mackrell Turner Garrett in 1991.
In 2012 Nigel was named England and Wales Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year as well as being appointed Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, Member of the Diversity Law Institute and Member of the Trial Law Institute.
Mackrell Turner Garrett Solicitors in London
Latest posts by Mackrell Turner Garrett Solicitors in London (see all)
- Male police officer wins sex discrimination case - June 16, 2016
- Woman wins £10,500 pay-out at sex discrimination Tribunal - June 10, 2016
- UK landlords plagued by increasing number of tenants ‘abandoning’ rented properties - May 23, 2016