Owners of a British nightclub have found themselves embroiled in a legal battle over a number of Health and Safety breaches.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) first brought legal action against Level Nightclub, Manchester, after asbestos was discovered at their Bolton venue in August 2015 during interior refurbishment.
Co-owner of the club, Mr Charles McGrath, has since appeared before a Court and pleaded guilty to three charges related to asbestos and Health and Safety at the venue.
Mr McGrath and UK Night Life Ltd both admitted failing to reduce the spread of asbestos, failing to ensure a suitable asbestos assessment and failing to ensure people were not exposed to health and safety risks at Bury Magistrates’ Court.
“The owners of Level Nightclub take health and safety matters very seriously,” said Mr McGrath.
“Guilty pleas were entered by the company at the Magistrates’ Court and we await sentence.
“At that time, the Court will make a determination as to the correct factual basis for sentence.
In his defence, Mr McGrath said: “I would also like to add that these charges relate to issues during the refurbishment process of the nightclub premises when we were closed to the general public.”
The case was adjourned early last week and will return to Bury Magistrates Court on August 15.
Latest posts by Nigel Rowley (see all)
- Fears that families are not taking IHT seriously - September 22, 2017
- UK commercial property market thriving in many regions, figures suggest - September 18, 2017
- Rise in number of charitable donations left in Wills - September 15, 2017